If you’re in the market for a treadmill and are on a budget, the ProForm 305 CST is a great option. It doesn’t skimp on the important features - it has a built in workouts, a 5 inch, backlit screen, and ProShox. Users can track their metrics easily, including heart rate and calorie burn.
Today, we’re looking at the Proform 305 CST Treadmill Review.
With a max speed of 10mph and a 2.0 CHP motor, it’s a solid choice for any beginner to intermediate user. However, if you are more advanced or are looking for a feature heavy experience, there are a few things to consider before purchasing.
In this post, we will dig deeper into the ProForm 305 to help you determine if it’s the right fit for your needs. As you read along, here’s what you can expect:
- First, we’ll take a deep dive into the features and benefits of the treadmill.
- To follow, we will weigh the pros and the cons of this model.
- Next, we’ll take a quick look at the maker of this treadmill: ProForm.
- Finally, we will sample reviews to get a complete understanding of this treadmill.
Features and Benefits of the Proform 305 CST Treadmill:
- The manufacturer’s suggested weight is 300 pounds.
- The treadmill is 142 pounds and is made of aluminum and carbon steel.
- The max speed is 10mph and maximum horsepower is 2.5 Horsepower.
- The tread belt is 15 inches by 50 inches.
- 5 inch, high contrast, multi color display allows users to track metrics
- Track heart rate using EKG Grip Pulse heart rate.
- There are 16 on board workouts to choose from.
- It’s capable of iFit access - first access via computer, tablet or smartphone. Purchase of iFit membership is sold separately from this treadmill.
- QuickSpeed controls allow users to toggle between speeds of 0 to 10 mph.
- QuickIncline allows easy control as users adjust incline from 0, up to 10 percent.
- ProShox Plus cushioning is adjustable and helps with shock absorption.
- Extras include SpaceSaver design for easy foldability, integrated device shelf for tablets and phones, and auxiliary audio port.
- Easy assembly, right out of the box.
- Warranties include: 5 year warranty on both frame and motor, 90 day warranty on parts and labor.
Special Features (Pros) of the Proform 305 CST Treadmill:
Training programs - With iFit, you can choose from a library of tons of different workouts which is always being updated and added to. Hop into a studio workout, or follow along with a trainer and explore the globe. Interactive workouts keep you in the zone, and your trainer can adjust your speed and incline for you. If you don’t want to use iFit, the treadmill comes with 16 on board programs to choose from. Either way, there are plenty of challenges that the 305 CST can offer you.
SpaceSaver design - This treadmill is easily foldable for storing. While other ProForm treadmills advertise this ability, they are heavier and bulkier, which makes this feature less user friendly. On the 305 CST Treadmill, this is actually a feasible option. Additionally, it’s already a compact treadmill, so it takes up less space in your home than other treadmills would.
Drawbacks (Cons) of the Proform 305 CST Treadmill:
Small belt size - Depending on your needs, you will either see the size of this treadmill’s belt as an advantage or a disadvantage. For most people, the belt size on this treadmill is almost too small for running. Optimal belt size is considered to be 20 inches by 60 inches. With this model’s belt at 15 inches by 50 inches, it will fit most people, but generally speaking when a track is too short, you’re likely to shorten your stride for fear of falling off. Most people need at least 55 inches to run comfortably. 50 inches is more suitable to walking.
Motor - When it comes to the motor in a treadmill, the bigger and more powerful - the better. The more powerful the motor, the faster you can go. Other ProForm models get up to 4.0 CPH, while this model only gets 2.0 CPH. This is likely how they are able to offer this model at such a low price - you get what you pay for. 2.0 is plenty for beginners, or folks looking to do mostly walking. If you’re a serious runner, you’ll want to look for something with more horsepower.
Warranties - When you compare the warranty packages for this model to those that come with other models, it’s pretty lackluster. Take, for example the ProForm 705 CST which comes with a 10 year frame warranty, 2 year warranty on parts, and 1 year warranty on labor. Compare that to the 5 year warranty on both frame and motor, and 90 day warranty on parts and labor for the 305 model. The 305 is a more affordable option, so the limited warranty is just another way ProForm skimped to cut down on the overall price.
Video: Proform 305 CST Treadmill
Video Credit: ProForm – Click Here to watch directly on YouTube
About the Company: ProForm
ProForm has been in the fitness business for over 40 years. ProForm’s parent company is Icon, which is a large name in the fitness industry. They’re known for owning iFit, NordicTrack and Gold’s Gym brand. They offer treadmills across all price ranges. They are the world’s largest manufacturer of home fitness equipment. Since Icon owns iFit, their treadmills are always positioned to work in conjunction with iFit - this might be good or bad for you, depending on if you’re interested in using iFit services. Even if you choose not to use iFit, ProForm treadmills come with plenty of other programs to use instead. Overall, Icon and ProForm are an extremely reputable company within the fitness industry.
Independent Reviews on the ProForm 305 CST Treadmill:
We can study the features of this treadmill all we want, but nothing beats reviews. We’ve collected reviews from independent sources, as well as actual verified purchasers to get a true idea of what the 305 CST can offer.
- Aim Workout’s review discusses who this treadmill is best suited for. They note that first and foremost, the price and features offer great value for your money. According to them, the 2 CPH motor will work best for beginners. The 16 built-in workouts will also keep beginners on track and give them an idea of how to get started. They note that the warranty will allow for you to trial the treadmill and feel safe in doing so. For a treadmill under $1,000, it’s a great option.
- This review of the ProFrom 305 CST is very clear that this treadmill is more of an entry-level option and is best for people in need of an affordable walking treadmill. They note that for the price, you do get a lot of good features, like chest strap compatibility, iFit capability, and 16 built-in workouts. While they acknowledge the treadmills drawbacks, especially the motor and size, it is a great option for walkers. However, there might be better options if you’re looking for an affordable running treadmill.
What Do Amazon Customers Have To Say About the ProForm 305 CST Treadmill?
Our first reviewer notes that her husband assembled the treadmill within a half hour without issue. She goes on to say how stable and sturdy it is, yet the wheels make it easy to move. She notes that the treadmill folds easily and she's able to store it when she needs to. She reports that the transition when adjusting speed and incline is smooth and she appreciates the programs that are included. The belt, too, is steady and does not slip. Overall, she reports that she’s happy with the product, though she does note that the instructions don’t mention the iFit membership bypass option, which is a known issue with other ProForm treadmills.
Another verified purchaser notes how sturdy the treadmill is - they say that they appreciate the simple console and the fact that it doesn’t take up too much space. They remark how they were looking for a simple treadmill without the “needless bells and whistles” and say that this treadmill is exactly what they wanted. They go on to say how much they appreciate the incline option and end their review by saying, “I've been loving it. I'm sure you could spend more to get fancier but I think this is an outstanding value for the price!”
One reviewer says that after four months of use, they have zero complaints. They note how this treadmill is one of the only ones in its price range that offers incline without doing it manually. This sets it apart from the rest. The review says they use it almost everyday and are happy with their purchase.
The ProForm 305 CST Folding Treadmill is a great option if you’re in search of a compact, walking treadmill. If you’re looking for something to support higher intensity workouts, or if you’re tall - this is not the treadmill for you.
Considering the low price point, this treadmill has a lot to offer. iFit capability, built in workouts, and dual speakers all show that ProForm is making an effort to make this model as good as it can be. However, the motor and the small running space should be major factors in your decision making process.
you can als check out our review on the Proform 905 CST Treadmill.