Many parents are left wondering what the best fitness trackers for kids is, with so many options on the market.
In today's obesity-prevalent world, many parents wonder how they can help their kids become more active and live healthy lifestyles. Fitness trackers have become an increasingly popular choice as parents look for ways of encouraging their children.
1. Garmin Vivofit Jr
Kids can wear the Garmin Vivofit Jr from the ages of 4 to 9. Unlike some other options, the Garmin watch doesn't need to be charged; instead it comes with a battery that lasts for one year. The waterproof feature means that kids can wear their Garmin Vivofit anywhere they go, without the worry of damaging the watch. This watch also comes with an alarm clock and a chore reminder that can be set by parents.
This Garmin fitness tracker also introduces kids to the adventure trail, which is unlocked after 60 minutes of activity each day. Kids can track their steps, sleep, daily activities, and chore data.
2. MoreFit Kids Fitness Tracker
The MoreFit Kids fitness tracker is probably the best fitness trackers for kids on the market. There is a color to please everyone, as the tracker comes in five separate colors: black, blue, green, pink, and purple.
This fitness tracker comes with a built-in USB plug and doesn't need a cord to charge it, instead, the watch plugs right into a USB charger. The MoreFit Kids fitness watch tracks many activities, including:
- Calories burned
- Heart rate
- Multi-sports activities (walking, running, cycling, and climbing)
The watch also features an alarm clock, stopwatch, sedentary reminder, remote camera control, and call/SMS/message reminder.
3. Trendy Pro Kids Fitness Tracker
The Trendy Pro Kids Fitness Tracker comes with two bands, allowing kids to change them on demand. One of the bands comes in black, and kids can choose between aqua, blue, pink, or purple for their second band.
The fitness tracker can track activity, including steps, distance, and calories burned. It also tracks sleep cycles, including light sleep, deep sleep, and time awake in the night.
Up to ten separate alarms can be set on the Trendy Pro fitness tracker as well as sedentary reminders at intervals of your choice.
4. Letscom Fitness Tracker HR
The Letscom Fitness Tracker is a multifunction fitness tracker that tracks up to 14 sports, including running, biking, and dancing. The built-in USB cable makes it easy to charge the watch without the use of a separate a charging cable.
One single charge gives you up to seven days of battery life. This fitness tracker also tracks your heart rate, sleep duration, and alerts when you have been sedentary for too long. Available in black, blue, green, pink, purple, and red.
5. Wyze Band Activity Tracker
How to Choose The Best Fitness Tracker for Kids
- Wrist Circumference: Some fitness trackers are one size fits all, but others are not. Measuring your child's wrist will allow you to purchase a tracker that will fit their wrist without falling off.
- Features: Fitness trackers come with various features; some will be more important to you than others. If your child loves to be in the water, then a waterproof tracker is essential. If you want to avoid any worry about having the right charge cord, then a wireless charger should make your list.
- Sleep monitoring: Sleep is essential for a growing child. The right amount of sleep allows kids to focus and function effectively. A fitness tracker with sleep monitoring will allow you to track their sleep patterns and make the right bedtime decisions for your child.
- Step counter: Knowing how many steps they have taken is a great incentive for any child to take more. An accurate step counter lets you create little challenges for your child to ensure that they take the maximum steps in a day or a week.
- Lightweight: A fitness tracker that is bulky or uncomfortable to wear is going to annoy and distract your child. Something lightweight will allow your child to forget they are even wearing it.
The last thing that any parent wants is their child not being as healthy as possible. A watch that tracks fitness is a great way to encourage your kids to be active and to live healthier lifestyles. A healthy lifestyle is a skill your child will use for their entire life.
Check out the products discussed in this post and choose one that suits your requirements. They are all easy to use and quite affordable. And the best thing is, kids absolutely love them!